Pritchard, Bill , Anu Rammohan, Madhushree Sekher, S Parasuraman, and Chetan Choithani. 2014. Feeding India: livelihoods, entitlements and capabilities. Oxon : Earthscan (Routledge).
Choithani, Chetan , Robbin Jan van Duijne, and Jan Nijman. 2021. “Changing livelihoods at India’s rural–urban transition”. World Development 146(105617). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.worlddev.2021.105617.
Choithani, Chetan . 2020. “Gendered livelihoods: migrating men, left behind women and household food security in India”. Gender, Place and Culture 27(10): 1373-1394.
van Duijne, Robbin Jan, Chetan Choithani, and Karin Pfeffer. 2020. “New urban geographies of West Bengal, East India”. Journal of Maps 16 (1 ): 172-183. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17445647.2020.1819899.
Choithani, Chetan . 2017. “Understanding the linkages between migration and household food security in India”. Geographical Research 55 (2 ): 192-205.
Pritchard, Bill , Jane Dixon, Elizabeth Hull, and Chetan Choithani. 2016. “Stepping back and moving in’: the role of the state in the contemporary food regime”. Journal of Peasant Studies 43(3 ): 693-710.
Choithani, Chetan , and Bill Pritchard. 2015. “Assessing Bihar’s coupons-based Public Distribution System: importance of local context”. Economic and Political Weekly 50 (3 ): 61-68.
Migration narrative in India (with Reshma Roshania), talk delivered in undergraduate seminar course on ‘Narrating Migration’ of Department of Media, Culture and Communication, New York University – Steinhardt School (November 4, 2020).
Exploring India’s emergent urban formations: case studies of West Bengal and Bihar (with Jan Nijman and Robbin Jan van Duijne), talks at Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (September 03, 2019), and Indian Institute of Technology, Patna (September 04, 2019).
Migration, food security and development, talk delivered as part of Urban Studies Institute Speaker Series, Georgia State University (September 06, 2018).
Food and nutrition security: a global perspective, lecture delivered for the students of Master in International Public Health, University of Sydney, Australia, 2014.
Right to food: an unfinished agenda, lecture delivered for the students of Master in International Human Rights, University of Sydney, Australia, 2013.
- Choithani, C., and Roshania, R. (2020). ‘Why do we treat internal migrants differently from international migrants?’, published in The Wire on May 28, 2020.
- Choithani, C. (2020). ‘What happens to the wives of male migrant workers, who run entire households in villages?’, published in The Wire on April 01, 2020.
- Choithani, C (2018). ‘Why India needs to urgently worry about migration caused by climate change’, published in Business Standard on June 25, 2018.
- Choithani, C (2018). ‘How will India respond to internal climate migration?’, published in The Wire on June 24, 2018.
- Choithani, C., and Pritchard, B. (2015). ‘The significance of local power structures in Bihar’s coupon-based PDS’, published in Ideas for India on August 17, 2015.
- Pritchard, B., and Choithani, C. (2015). ‘PDS and political power in Bihar’, published in Livemint on August 17, 2015.
Pritchard, B., and Choithani, C. (2014). ‘Hunger games: changing targets and politics of global nutrition’, published in The Conversation on September 26, 2014.