M. Sai Baba
Prof. M. Sai Baba, Outstanding Scientist and formerly Director, Resources Management Group, Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam and Senior Professor, Homi Bhabha National Institute. Presently holding “TV Raman Pai Chair Professor” at National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bengaluru and working in the domain of Science Communication and Risk Communication.
Present work includes, obtaining effective and informative insights on managing public perceptions and public acceptance of public risks associated with new and emerging technologies, through science and technology communications. Developing platforms for enhancing interaction between scientists and public using conventional and nonconventional media of communication. Outlining strategies based on science and technology communication to manage the fear of hazards from novel technologies possessed by the public.
Science and Technology Communication and Risk Communicaiton
Dr. M. Sai Baba has delivered several invited talks (more than 60 in the recent years) in various topics and notable
among them are:
• High Temperature Mass Spectrometry
• High Temperature Chemistry and Thermodynamics
• Human Resource Development
• Technical Writing
• Library and information sciences
• Self-Motivation for Enhanced Performance
• IGCAR and its Mission
• Atomic Energy for Energy security and Enhancement of Quality of Life
• Chaired sessions and has been invited speaker at the Nuclear Energy Summits held at Mumbai for the last few