Conflict and Security Studies
Dean: Prof D Suba Chandran
This new School has come into being in May 2016 and will cover research in areas related to conflict resolution, strategy and security issues. Programmes of the School focus on major conflicts that affect India or have the potential to do so; and international strategic and geopolitical issues that have bearing on India’s national security.
NIAS, , 2016. ISSSP Report: "India and the NSG", Bangalore: NIAS.
NIAS, , 2016. NIAS Discussions: Rising Radicalisation in India’s Neighbourhood: Bangladesh and Myanmar, Bangalore: NIAS.
Goswami, P. & Raj, B., 2016. BRICS Science and Technology Enterprise Partnership: Bold, Responsive, Inclusive and Cohesive Solutions for Rapid Transformations, Bangalore: NIAS.
Chandrashekar, S., Ramani, N. & Vishwanathan, A., 2016. Analysis of North Korea’s February 2016 Successful Space Launch, Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1057/.
Chandrashekar, S. & Perumal, S., 2016. China’s Constellation of Yaogan Satellites & the ASBM: May 2016 Update., Bangalore: NIAS.
NIAS, , 2016. NIAS Discussions: "Are the Indian Fishermen 'Carefully Careless'?: Fishing Conflicts in the Palk Bay", Bangalore: NIAS.
Ashok, K. et al., 2016. NIAS Report: Advanced Techniques in Environmental Monitoring, NIAS, Bangalore.
Vijay, A. et al., 2016. ISSSP Report: "Armed Conflict, Peace Audit & Early Warning: Decennial Review 2016", Bangalore: NIAS.
NIAS, , 2016. NIAS Discussions: Risk Assessment and Management: Why should we be concerned?, Bangalore: NIAS.
Suba Chandran, D., 2016. NIAS Strategic Forecast: "LoC, J&K and New Delhi:New Pak COAS & Likely Challenges for India",
NIAS, , 2016. Fire over Water: Issues in the Cauvery Water Conflict,
Mishra, S., 2016. NIAS Strategic Forecast 03 / India and East Asia: Will S&T bring them closer?. Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1009/.
Suba Chandran, D., 2016. NIAS Strategic Forecast: "Pakistan’s New Army Chief: The Sharif Balance Sheet & the Bajwa Forecast".
- Building Bridges: Assessing Opportunities, Challenges, and the Role of India in Myanmar
- China's Space Capability
- Chinese Nuclear Strategy
- A Space Strategy for India
- India in the Chinese Media
- Assessment of China’s Cruise and Ballistic Missile Programme
- Security of Nuclear Assets
- Science and Technology Dimensions of National Security
- Evolution of Solid Propellant Rockets in India
- Department of War Studies, King’s College, London
- Program in Science, Technology and Society, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Boston
- Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies, New Delhi
- Center for Air Power Studies, New Delhi.
- 16 Feb 2015 The New World Order and Wars in the 21st Century
- 10 Sep 2014 Pakistan’s Nuclear Developments and India’s Strategy and Doctrine
- 31 Jul 2014 India-Pakistan Relations & The way ahead
- 10 Feb 2014 The Geostrategic Significance of the Arab Spring
- 3 Feb 2014 to 5 Feb 2014 Indo–US workshop on Science and Technology for Countering Terrorism in 2014 and Beyond
- 3 Jan 2014 Pivot or Pirouette: The U.S. Rebalance to Asia
- 30 Apr 2013 to 1 May 2013 Iran: A War has Begun
- 20 Dec 2011 to 21 Dec 2011 Rise of China: Indian Perspectives
- 12 Apr 2010 to 13 Apr 2010 India-United States Cooperation on Global Security