Conflict and Security Studies
Dean: Prof Rajaram Nagappa
This new School has come into being in May 2016 and will cover research in areas related to conflict resolution, strategy and security issues. Programmes of the School focus on major conflicts that affect India or have the potential to do so; and international strategic and geopolitical issues that have bearing on India’s national security.
Panneerselvam, P., 2016. 10 Years of Fighting Pirates in Asia. The Diplomat. Available at: http://thediplomat.com/2016/09/10-years-of-fighting-pirates-in-asia/.
Vishwanathan, A., 2016. International Monitoring of North Korea’s 2016 Nuclear Test. Available at: http://www.e-ir.info/2016/02/05/international-monitoring-of-north-koreas-2016-nuclear-test/.
Suba Chandran, D., 2016. We are like this only. Available at: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/opinion/we-are-like-this-only/article8249300.ece?homepage=true.
Suba Chandran, D., 2016. Modi’s new symphony: The Indian premier’s charm offensive is backed by solid diplomatic homework. The Friday Times. Available at: http://www.thefridaytimes.com/tft/modis-new-symphony/.
Suba Chandran, D., 2016. Return to the Durand Line. Available at: http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/clashes-between-pakistan-and-afghanistan-on-the-torkham-border-crossing/article8816405.ece.
Madan, K., 2016. India's pluralist Islam under siege. Available at: http://thediplomat.com/2016/04/indias-pluralistic-islam-under-seige/.
Chandrashekar, S. & Sundaresan, L., 2016. India's Rare Earths Industry A Case of Missed Opportunities. EPW, 51(3). Available at: http://www.epw.in/journal/2016/3/commentary/indias-rare-earths-industry.html.
Vishwanathan, A., 2016. Aftermath of the North Korean Nuclear Test. Available at: http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Article.aspx?eid=31835&articlexml=17012016014007.
NIAS, , 2016. NIAS Discussions: Risk Assessment and Management: Why should we be concerned?, Bangalore: NIAS.
Suba Chandran, D., 2016. NIAS Strategic Forecast: "LoC, J&K and New Delhi:New Pak COAS & Likely Challenges for India",
NIAS, , 2016. Fire over Water: Issues in the Cauvery Water Conflict,
- Building Bridges: Assessing Opportunities, Challenges, and the Role of India in Myanmar
- China's Space Capability
- Chinese Nuclear Strategy
- A Space Strategy for India
- India in the Chinese Media
- Assessment of China’s Cruise and Ballistic Missile Programme
- Security of Nuclear Assets
- Science and Technology Dimensions of National Security
- Evolution of Solid Propellant Rockets in India
- Department of War Studies, King’s College, London
- Program in Science, Technology and Society, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Boston
- Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies, New Delhi
- Center for Air Power Studies, New Delhi.
- 23 Jun 2016 Conflict and Post Conflict Societies in South Asia: Defining “Peace” (A Poli-so-phical Approach) (An interaction with Dr Meenakshi Sundaram, Prof Narendra Pani and Prof Sangeetha Menon). 23 June 2016, Thursday, 1530 hrs
- 15 Jun 2016 NIAS Discussion Meeting: "India and Blue Economy: A Maritime Strategy for Growth"
- 9 Jun 2016 to 10 Jun 2016 ISSSP Conference: Armed Conflict, Peace Audit & Early Warning
- 8 Jun 2016 NIAS Wednesday Discussion Meeting: “Bangladesh and Myanmar: Rise of Radicalism” by Ms. Sourina Bej & Ms. Albertina Nithya B at Lecture Hall, NIAS
- 1 Jun 2016 [NIAS Wednesday Discussion]: “Post Conflict Societies in South Asia: How Peaceful is our Peace?” by Prof. D.Suba Chandran
- 25 May 2016 [Wednesday Talk]: "From Mao to Maoism: The Indian Path”
- 9 May 2016 NIAS Public Lecture: "Astropolitics and International Space Governance: Issues and Challenges for the Global Space Community and India"
- 29 Feb 2016 Panel Discussion on 'The Fissile Materials Debate in South Asia' by Prof. R Rajaraman and Dr. L V Krishnan
- 27 Jan 2016 Lecture by Dr. Raj Verma on 'Will China supersede the US?: Distilling facts from fiction'
- 27 Jan 2016 “Future of Air Power in India”