Energy and Environment Research
Programme Head: R Srikanth
The Programme on Energy and Environment Research will be devoted to exploring energy policies that simultaneously help mitigate climate change and ease India's vexing energy problems. The Programme would focus on policy-relevant research useful for decision-making. The objective of the Programme will be to recommend policies (and help facilitate their implementation) that not only mitigate the rise in emissions of greenhouse gases but are also aligned with the complementary goals of energy security, geopolitical risk reduction, and equitable development of society. To increase the odds of successful implementation, the Programme will seek to become a forum for coordination between industry, government, researchers and civil society. The initial thrust of the Programme will be on energy savings in the power sector through loss reductions, especially in transmission and distribution.
- Principal Scientist (Energy and Environment Programme) (Last Date to Apply: 30 September 2018)
- Junior Research Fellow and Research Assistants (Energy and Environment Programme) (Last Date to Apply: 15 September 2018)
- Junior Research Fellow and Project Assistant (Energy and Environment Programme) (Last Date to Apply: 31 August 2018)
Sudhakar, M., 2018. Efficiency and Welfare: The Tightrope Walk in Karnataka’s Power Sector . In Mapping Power: The Political Economy of Electricity in India’s States. Mapping Power: The Political Economy of Electricity in India’s States. New Delhi: Oxford University Press, pp. 134-154. Available at: https://india.oup.com/product/mapping-power-9780199487820.
Mishra, S. & Salk Kristle Nathan, H., 2018. A MANUSH or HUMANS Characterisation of the Human Development Index. Journal of Human Development and Capabilities. Available at: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19452829.2017.1422703?scroll=top&needAccess=true.
M. Baba, S., 2018. List of Publications of Dr. M. Sai Baba. Available at: http://www.nias.res.in/sites/default/files/msb-publ-18Oct18.pdf.
Srikanth, R., 2018. India's Steel Industry - quo vadis (Guest Editorial). Current Science, 114(2), pp.243-244. Available at: http://www.currentscience.ac.in/Volumes/114/02/0243.pdf.
Borgohain, P.L., Phukan, S. & Ahuja, D.R., 2018. Downstream channel changes and the likely impacts of flow augmentation by a hydropower project in River Dikrong, India. International Journal of River Basin Management. Available at: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/15715124.2018.1439497.
Srikanth, R., 2018. India's Sustainable Development Goals – Glide Path for India's Power Sector. Energy Policy, 123, pp.325-336. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0301421518305792.
Srikanth, R. & Salk Kristle Nathan, H., 2018. Towards sustainable development: planning surface coal mine closures in India. Contemporary Social Science: Journal of the Academy of Social Sciences, 13(1), pp.30-43. Available at: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/21582041.2017.1394484.
Srikanth, R., 2018. Role of electric mobility in a sustainable, and energy-secure future for India. Current Science, 114(4), pp.732-739. Available at: http://www.currentscience.ac.in/Volumes/114/04/0732.pdf.
Raj, B., PS, G. & Behera, A., 2018. Sustaining Excellence and Relevance in an Organization: A Joint Study between NIAS and NITI Aayog (NIAS Report No. R63-2018), Bengaluru: NIAS. Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1708/.
Srikanth, R., 2018. Earth and Human Systems: Understanding the Interaction (Report on the NIAS-MOES Workshop held at NIAS on 14 August 2018), Bengaluru: NIAS.
Raj, B. & U Mudali, K., 2017. Sensor Science and Technology, New Delhi: Narosa Publishers Ltd. Available at: http://www.narosa.com/books_display.asp?catgcode=978-81-8487-418-1.
Karthik, V., Kasiviswanathan, K.V. & Raj, B., 2017. Miniaturized Testing of Engineering Materials, New York: CRC-Press, Taylor and Francis Group. Available at: https://www.crcpress.com/Miniaturized-Testing-of-Engineering-Materials/Karthik-Kasiviswanathan-Raj/p/book/9781482263916.
Srikanth, R., 2017. Why India Needs a National Electricity Council. Current Science, 113(7), pp.1233-1241. Available at: http://www.currentscience.ac.in/Volumes/113/07/1233.pdf.
Salk Kristle Nathan, H. & Mishra, S., 2017. Group differential for attainment and failure indicators. Journal of International Development. Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/350/.
Sutha, S. et al., 2017. Ultrasonic-assisted fabrication of superhydrophobic ZnO nanowall films. Bulletin of Materials Science, 40(3), pp.505-511. Available at: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12034-017-1385-1.
- 1 of 4
- 6 Mar 2019 NIAS Wednesday Discussion: “Why India needs to focus on Nuclear Power in addition to Renewable Energy" by Dr. R Srikanth, 06 March 2019 at 4.00 PM, NIAS
- 27 Aug 2018 Final Colloquium: "Urban Greens: Ecological Implications and Social Drivers of Turfgrass Lawn Ecosystems in Bangalore" by Ms. Neesha Dutt, Lecture Hall, NIAS, 1630hrs
- 3 Jul 2017 NIAS Public Lecture: "Potential Global Economic Impact of OPEC’s Oil Production Freeze" by Dr. Badri Narayanan. G., Lecture Hall, NIAS, 10.30AM
- 24 May 2017 NIAS Wednesday Discussion: "India's Demographic Transition" by Shoibal Chakravarty, Lecture Hall, NIAS, 0930 hrs
- 1 Feb 2017 NIAS Wednesday Discussion: “Dying in Silence: A Study on Mortality-Morbidity Gap in India”, By Hippu Salk Kristle Nathan, Lecture Hall, NIAS, 09.30hrs
- 17 Jan 2017 NIAS Public Lecture, "Politics of Development," by Dr Arun Shourie, 1800 hrs, JRD Tata Auditorium, NIAS
- 16 Jan 2017 NIAS Public Lecture: "Paradigm Shift in Governance-Impact on Business and Society," by Shri Suresh Prabhu, 1430 hrs, JRD Tata Auditorium, NIAS
- 7 Dec 2016 NIAS Wednesday Discussion: "An Integrated Approach to Energy and Environment Policy for India" by Dr. R Srikanth, JRD Tata Auditorium, 0930 hrs
- 19 Oct 2016 NIAS Wednesday Discussion: "Risk Assessment and Management - An Approach" by Prof. R. Srikanth, Lecture Hall, 0930 Hrs
- 27 Nov 2015 to 28 Nov 2015 10th Annual Conference of Knowledge Forum