Srikumar M. Menon
Menon, Srikumar M. 2016. “The Curious Case of the Galaganatha Dolmen: Possible Links between Megalithic Monuments and Early Temples at Aihole”. Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies in Archaeology 2: 54-73. http://eprints.nias.res.in/1145/.
Menon, Srikumar M. 2017. “Beyond the tourist's Badami”. Deccan Herald.
Menon, Srikumar M. 2017. “Beyond the tourist's Badami”. Deccan Herald. http://www.deccanherald.com/content/591789/beyond-tourists-badami.html.
Planning to offer the course "Indian Prehistory and History through Monument-building Traditions" in the coming semester
Co-ordinating the inter-disciplinary study of the musical pillars at the Vitthala Temple, Hampi, spearheaded by NIAS.
"The Uttarakhand Disaster of June 2013: a survivor’s account" (NIAS Wednesday Talk, May 04, 2016)
I write regularly for newspapers, magazines and websites on topics related to heritage - natural and built. I have authored two books - "Ancient Stone Riddles: Megaliths of the Indian Subcontinent" (2012) and "Comets: Nomads of the Solar System" (2013), both published by Manipal University Press. I am co-author of the book "Perspectives on Early Astronomy in Indian Context" published by the National Council of Science Museums in 2015.
My recent popular articles are outlined below:
- Badami: A Treasure Trove of Temple Architecture, Travel and Flavors, November 2013.
- Badami: An Ode to Sandstone, photo feature in Indian Architect and Builder, Nov. 2014.
- Origins of Monumental Architecture, Souvenir of Association of Architects, Bareilly, December 2014.
- Ancient Landscapes of the Malaprabha Valley, Architecture Update, January 2015.
- When Men and Mountains Meet (A survivor’s account of the Uttarakhand disaster of June 2013), The Outdoor Journal, Summer (April-June) 2015.
- The Earliest Monuments, FWD Magazine, Issue 10, Volume 4, September 2015.
- A Peek into Sculptors’ World: The Architects of Pattadakallu, Deccan Herald Spectrum, 24 November 2015.
- Ancient Graveyard: Exploring Moryar Gudda in Karnataka – Stone Megaliths of the Iron Age in One of India’s Largest Necropolises, National Geographic Traveller (Website), 27 January 2016.
- Stone Wonders of Nilaskal: Megaliths and Mysteries, Deccan Herald Spectrum, 09 February 2016.
- The Powerful Pachyderm, Deccan Herald Spectrum, 05 April, 2016.
- The Land of Forgotten Temples, Deccan Herald Spectrum, 10 May, 2016.